Friday 10 May 2019

Writing a chorus for Exceptional

So I've said before I just jot down what comes into my head when it comes to lyrics, no matter how bad it sounds. I'm a big fan of using a thesaurus to prompt me for other words that might suit what I'm trying to write. And good old rhymezone.com - always great for finding a word that's going to complete a chorus or verse.

So I started with the word 'superior' - I'm writing a chorus where a psychopath is convinced that they are a superior human being. Using the thesaurus, I was already thinking of calling the song "Exceptional" anyway, and exceptional was in the list of synonyms and actually worked better.

"Call me so exceptional"

Now, what rhymes with 'exceptional' - well rhymezone came up with professional. And another word that came up in the thesaurus for superior was high-calibre, hence the second line.

"High-calibre professional"

Now it's time to use the word 'superior'. What rhymes with that - inferior!

"Elite and superior, you saps so inferior"

And rinse-and-repeat

"I'm simply so exceptional"

And there you have it - the first draft of the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment