Sunday 28 April 2019

The Next Project

So, being a solo artist, I'm not well positioned to go play live straight after this album's release. As a result, I found myself planning my next project because ... what was I waiting for?

Most bands will tour after they release and album. Get in front of crowds, sell merchandise. There are many solo metal musicians around the world that play live to backing tracks. But we don't see it much in Australia, and truth be told, I'm probably not ready to put myself out there to that extent. Not one to sit idle, I started looking for my next project concept to sink my teeth into.

The Next Project

So the first single is out, the second is about a week away. The whole album is out in 5 weeks or so. So my mind has been ticking away - well, what are we doing next!?

As a result, a couple of things happened this week, which spawned off a whole new concept for me to write about. It's aligned to the themes I covered in my 2017 singles, so kinda looping back in that aspect, but making this a big complex tangled web of a story.

Here's What Happened

Firstly, so you might have seen my recent post about a solo metal band from Argentina called Hermit's Maze. Basically, a fan of their's published a book that was inspired by their music.

Around the same time, I was also asking around the FB groups if there were any hobbyist filmmakers that wanted a free soundtrack, because I'm really interested in writing a film score.

And finally, I was looking at some fonts - yes fonts - kinda looking for inspiration of what the next generation of the Tatius Wolff logo will look like and I see ...

I'm thinking, "what a cool font. Maybe I need a psychopath in my concept?" So, where do we find a lot of psychopaths in the real world - why big corporate CEO's and politicians! Maybe, I can write the story about a psychopath politician and all his interactions with his followers and enemies. And so was born the first character for my EP series, a psychopath politician.

TLDR;

So I've decided to basically write a concept album plot split over 3 EP's, At the moment, the concept has 3 main characters, where essentially each EP will focus on each character and how they relate to the other two characters.

I'm still trying to get some intertwining plot lines. The other two characters are followers, the Patriots, and his enemies, the Guerrillas (haven't thought of a better name for these guys yet).

So yeah - that's the latest in my DIY solo metal adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment